According to a recent study, 76% of homeowners spent money on renovations in their home during lockdown. There were various reasons behind this – including a phenomenon known as ‘zoombarassment’ (wherein people wanted to ensure their homes looked good on zoom meetings and catch-ups). However, spending more time at home than ever before also left many homeowners with a yearning for change, not to mention that renovations are often necessary if you are thinking about selling your home in the future.
Photo by Scott Webb on Unsplash
That being said, there are some home renovations that are a lot more effort than they are worth – and do little in the way of adding value to your home. With that in mind, here are five worthwhile home renovations for you to tackle in 2022!
- Organise, organise, organise. While deep cleaning your home may not seem like a renovation project, you’d be surprised about the impact a less-cluttered space can have on both your home and your mindset. This is due to the fact that when we are surrounded by clutter, we often feel more stressed and overwhelmed than when we are in a space that is clean and organised.
- Keep out the pests. As the weather begins to get nicer, this also means that you may find many unwanted visitors trying to make their way into your home – such as bugs, flies, and other insects. Thankfully, this doesn’t mean you have to keep your doors and windows shut all year long – as you could instead install fly Screens that are designed to keep insects out while still allowing the sunshine into your home.
- Become more eco-friendly. There are various ways in which you can use your renovation projects to make your home more eco-friendly. For example, you could make your home more energy-efficient by installing double-glazed windows or switching to a renewable energy source. In this case, you could harness solar power by adjoining a solar panel to your roof. While this installation may seem expensive, you’ll find that your energy bills decrease significantly over time.
- Think about the outside of your home, too. Home renovations should not be limited to the interior of your property – especially if you want to spend more time outdoors in the summer. For example, you could become more self-sustaining at home by setting up a fruit and vegetable patch in your garden. Additionally, you could work on increasing your home’s curb appeal by repainting fences or fixing broken roof tiles.
- Add a splash of colour. If you find that your home is looking a little dull or lifeless, the solution may not be the full-scale makeover you believe – in fact, you might simply need to look for a way to bring a splash of colour into the place. For example, you could spruce up your home by hanging new artwork or reupholstering your favourite pieces of furniture in brighter colours. Alternatively, you could even display seasonal plants and flowers in your home – which are a great way to bring new colours into the space and requires minimal effort on your behalf.
1 thought on “5 Worthwhile Home Renovations”